Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Intervention

It is election day here in the US! Everyone go out and vote if you have not already!

I have decided not to keep blogging about my daily foods this week. As a new intervention I made a big crock-pot of vegetable soup. We discussed at my last session that people who eat soup before a meal tend to eat less. I love soup, so this is something I am going to try this week. Hopefully. I have a lot of soup cooking at home- but I have no idea how it is going to turn out. I did not follow a recipe (vegetable soup, how hard could it be?!), I just threw any and all veggies I had into the crock pot with vegetable broth. What were the veggies I had on hand? Carrots, bok choy, peas, diced tomatoes, and a shallot. Mmm-mmm :) I will decide when I get home tonight what seasonings it needs (ginger? garlic? lime?) and hopefully it will be simple and yummy enough.

No comments: