Monday, March 2, 2009

Working and Eating From Home


I am working from home today- since I do not have to teach due to the snowy weather. I am totally loving it- but I have done absolutely nothing productive since I got up- which is nagging a bit on my love of the snow day.
I find that when I am home all day I do not eat according to my normal set times, and I am constantly feeling hungry- even though I know I am not actually hungry- maybe just bored and looking for a distraction.
I wonder how people who work from home do it....

I am eating strictly this week, in an effort to get better DLW results, and I was pleasantly surprised with my restraint this weekend. We ate out all 3 nights- and while I can never know exactly how many calories I consumed, I was good about listening to my body, eating slowly, and stopping well before I felt full. I was impressed with how even though I wanted to keep eating the delicious meals I could stop and even if I felt a little bit hungry- it didn't seem so bad.

I also bought a new treat that has helped me stick to my goal: Lindt 60% dark chocolate truffles. OMG- these suckers are so, so good- and at 70 calories a pop, a perfect calorie controlled, decadent dessert! I never miss "real" desserts with these buggers around.

In an effort to post something useful to my readers, I will tell you about the oatmeal I made this morning for breakfast. I am not a huge fan of oatmeal- I don't usually like mushy foods- so when I make oatmeal it has a lot of "stuff" in it for consistency sake :)
Today's special:

"Peanut Butter and Jelly" Oatmeal
Serves 2, 400cal each

1c Old Fashioned Oats (TE and I have been enjoying a multi grain blend recently)
1 3/4c Water
40g Chopped walnuts
40g Dried Cranberries
2T Peanut butter

Boil water
Add all the ingredients and cook until most of the water is incorporated
Enjoy!

Note: the King pup was also a big fan of this breakfast- he loves anything with peanut butter :)

No comments: