Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lost it

My diligence paid off!
I lost my 4.6ish pounds gained.
I am now below where I was when this chaos started- and just in time- my 9mo physical is tomorrow and I get to find out all the details from my 6mo physical.

I feel good about the loss of weight and getting back on track- but I have a confession: I can not take full responsibility. I have been less interested in eating recently because I have been completely and utterly distracted by my latest obsession: the HBO series True Blood. It is terrible- the last time I was this obsessed with a television show was one "winter-break" a long time ago when TE and I watched every episode of season 1 of "24." I was also this obsessed with the Wire... for sure :)

But anyway- we started watching the show last Monday on On Demand, and in the last week TE and I caught up (11 hours of TV!) to the episode that aired on Sunday- which much to my sadness, it was the 2nd to last episode of the season. This Sunday is the final episode of season 1.

Usually- I am so behind in TV shows (I still have not seen Lost, Six Feet Under, Heroes, Entourage, etc.) that I can watch multiple seasons until I am sick of it/the show ends- but now I have to sit, impatiently waiting for season 2 to be made and for season 1 to be released on DVD. I am not sure if I like this situation I have made for myself

Needless to say: obsessive distraction is very good for reducing appetite. And much more enjoyable for me than my typical appetite reducing behavior (severe anxiety)!
Now if only I could figure out how to become obsessively distracted with something productive- like starting to write the failed chapters of my thesis... ugh.

If only failed mouse projects were as exciting as murder mysteries and romance between a mortal and a vampire...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, when I'm obsessively distracted by TV, I usually do it with a pizza sitting next to me...