Monday, May 12, 2008

You didn't finish your lunch...

That was all it took for me to get started on my CR-tangent today. A few of my classmates and I took a guest speaker out to lunch where I ordered a large vegetarian chili and a side of the restaurant's special slaw (no mayo= light and yummy). Luckily these classmates had not heard my "CR story" yet so I didn't feel *too* bad about the fact they had to listen to me for most of the lunch-- however I did feel bad about monopolizing the conversation... I have been trying to cut back on how much I talk about CR.
I have been enrolled in this diet study for almost 3 months now and it has been a big change in lifestyle and for me to embrace it enthusiastically required excessive research (new foods, better foods, other people out there who can provide proof CR is possible, etc), telling everyone I know about CR, and starting this blog! Four months ago, I thought participating in this study/being on a diet was going to be impossibly difficult. Now I can say I am 12lbs lighter, eat more consciously, and I am having a fun, healthy relationship with food. Sure, I still have not faced a holiday season on CR, but I will deal with that in November...
But back to my CR ramblings, I am hoping that these first 3 months have prepared me for a more "quiet" next 3 months. Quiet in the sense that I will not need to talk so much about what I am doing, I will not obsessively check and recheck calorie amounts in recipes (once is enough!), I will be able to go out to lunch/dinner without having to pre-analyze the menu for CR friendly items, and I can refocus my energy on other things (school? graduating? fun?!).
Of course I will keep blogging (and mastering my food photography skills) so keep reading for more yummy, CR friendly, healthy recipes!

No comments: